Today is CV Pride Center’s Yard Sale, so get over there from now til 4pm today! Also, this week’s LGBT news from around the world:
- Welsh hair salon places anti-bigotry sign on window after homophobic incident.
- House passes amendment extending LGBT non-discrimination protections for Federal housing contractors.
- Arkansas Judge rules that 500+ same-sex couples who got married during state’s window period are entitled to state’s marriage benefits.
- Guam becomes 1st U.S. territory to have marriage equality.
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott signs repeal of 1977 ban on adoption by same-sex couples.
- North Carolina Legislature overrides veto to allow magistrates to pick and choose which couples they would wish to serve.
- Michigan Governor Rick Snyder signs three bills which allow for adoption agencies to pick and choose which couples they will serve.
- Huntsville man is allegedly gay-bashed by four individuals calling him an anti-gay slur; Huntsville police refuse to include slurs in their report.
- Utah is subject to a string of violent anti-gay crimes, including a chef who is forced to drink bleach and is mutilated on his arm with “Die F*g”.
- Mexico’s Supreme Court rules in a provisional decision that all states’ bans on same-sex marriage are unconstitutional; ruling has no immediate effect upon bans.
- Australian couple vows to divorce if Parliament legalizes same-sex marriage. They still intend to live together, though (but not if Australian law says otherwise).
- Franklin Graham moves his money from Wells Fargo over a same-sex couple being featured in their commercial and calls for boycott; ends up placing money in BB&T, which sponsors LGBT Pride Festivals. Rachel Maddow has fun at his expense, even as he tries to defend himself.