Via press release (text formatted to prevent “block-o’-text”):
FORMERLY PFLAG COLUMBUS GEORGIA HAS NOW BECOME:
COLGAY PRIDE FRIENDS & FAMILY SUPPORT NETWORK
A SUPPORT GROUP FOR PARENTS, FAMILIES, ALLIES, FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES OF LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL & TRANSGENDER CITIZENS.
Since we do not support charging Members Dues and we wish to focus on the local issues important to our area, we have chosen to break from PFLAG and become our own entity under the Award Winning LGBT Advocacy & Support Organization COLGAY PRIDE.
We, the parents, families and friends of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, celebrate diversity and envision a society that embraces everyone, including those of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities. Only with respect, dignity and equality for all will we reach our full potential as human beings, individually and collectively. COLGAY PRIDE FRIENDS & FAMILY SUPPORT NETWORK welcomes the participation and support of all who share in, and hope to realize this vision.
COLGAY PRIDE FRIENDS & FAMILY SUPPORT NETWORK promotes the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. COLGAY PRIDE FRIENDS & FAMILY SUPPORT NETWORK Serves Parents, Families, Allies and Friends of Lesbians and Gays by providing opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
Our Strategic Goals
- One. Build the capacity of our organization at every level so that we may have all the resources, in the form of information, people and funding, necessary to move forward in our work with the greatest possible effect.
- Two. Create a world in which our young people may grow up and be educated with freedom from fear of violence, bullying and other forms of discrimination, regardless of their real or perceived gender identity or sexual orientation or that of their families.
- Three. Make our vision and our message accessible to the broadest range of ethnic and cultural communities, ending the isolation of families with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender family members within those communities.
- Four. Work toward full inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons within their chosen communities of faith.
- Five. Create a society in which all LGBT persons may openly and safely pursue the career path of their choice, and may be valued and encouraged to grow to their full potential in the workplace.
- Six. Create a society in which all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons may enjoy, in every aspect of their lives, full civil and legal equality and may participate fully in all the rights, privileges and obligations of full citizenship in this country.
We welcome the participation and support of all who share in our Vision and Mission and who hope to realize our goals.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
KRISTINE RAMSEY – PRESIDENT
CECILIA ROOD – VICE PRESIDENT
APRIL TULLEY – SECRETARY
GARRET VANCE – ASST. SECRETARY
VICTORIA COOK – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
JEREMY HOBBS – COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
As of today, PFLAG-related branding has been scrubbed from the avatar and cover photo of the former Facebook page for PFLAG Columbus. This marks the newest entry into the Colgay Pride umbrella, including the Festival, We Serve All Establishments USA, Say “NO” to Businesses Who Discriminate, and perhaps other initiatives which I can’t recall as of this writing. As it becomes larger in its portfolio, my question is this: will Colgay Pride become its own legal entity (separate from the Better Way Foundation), and when?