The second-oldest LGBT-affirming Christian church in Columbus has re-opened under a new name.
New Covenant Church of Columbus, GA, formerly known as Refuge Church of Jesus Christ, has re-opened in Columbus, continuing under the leadership of co-pastors and spouses Colley Williams and Danny Davenport. It is the most recent name change for the Pentecostal-style church since its establishment in February 2000 as the Anchored in Christ Ministries. Other names used by the congregation include:
- Anchored in Christ Ministries (2000-2004)
- Lamb Of God Church Of Jesus Christ (2004-2005)
- Lion Of Judah-House Of Yahweh (2005-2006)
- Kingdom of Yahweh Assembly (2006-2008)
- New Life in Messiah Fellowship (2008-2013)
- Refuge Church of Jesus Christ (2013-2016)
The church, a member congregation (since 2015) of the Covenant Network, remains based at its most recent meeting space at 3818 2nd Ave Columbus, GA 31904. For more information, the church can be contacted at (706) 905-3775, or through the new website at www.newcovenantcolumbusga.com.
Edited for clarification of original name and current affiliation.